venice church

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

My Struggle

This is one of my favorite weeks of the year. Easter Week 2005 is off to a very good start and I am enjoying it so far. Amy, Richie, and I just returned from a couple of days in San Diego. Paul will return with Josh and Jenny today. We played golf. We ate. We survived our respective families.

And I came to this conclusion. The devil has it in for me this week. I know that the devil fights extremely hard during this week. He knows that people’s hearts are soft concerning the gospel. He knows that people are prone to attend a service on this particular weekend. He knows that there is the possibility that people’s lives will be changed and their souls will be snatched from his grasp and an eternity in hell. He hates that. He knows that the lake of fire is his destiny. He wants to take others there with him. The devil knows that I am God’s child. He knows that he can’t get my soul, yet he still attacks with unwavering determination.

He attacks me with Easter stuff. Now, you guys know me. I don’t get hung up on Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, and all that stuff. My problem is not philosophical. My problem is Whopper Eggs! I can resist anything except malted milk balls that are shaped and painted like Easter Eggs. I can resist chocolate bunnies and chocolate eggs and hard-boiled eggs don’t tempt me much at all. But the devil knows that I cannot handle Whopper Eggs! The first thing that I see when I walk into my mother-in-law's house is a gallon sized Ziploc bag of Whopper Eggs.

I just wanted to share my struggle for this week. The rest of the week I can handle. The devil will get his. Lives will be changed and Jesus Christ will prevail just as He did on that first Easter morning. My waistline may expand, but God is still good.

According To His Purposes and For Other Whopper Lovers,
Craig

No comments: