venice church

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Faking It

There is nothing worse than getting a call from someone who just starts talking at you as if you know who they are. I received a call yesterday from a couple that I went to college with. Yea, I recognized their names, but there was no way that I could put a face or any other information with the name. As it turns out, I haven't seen them since before I moved to Venice! They were talking as if we have stayed in touch all of these years. So I did what any warm blooded human would do. I faked it. I lacked the courage and was too embarrassed to say, "Wait. Who are you? Not ringing a bell." I faked it because I should have known them. I talked with them about old classmates and preachers and missionaries and I really enjoyed reminiscing with them...even if I could not remember who they were.

Now, here is the great thing about living in the 21st century. As soon as I hung up the phone I sprinted to my computer to "googled" them. I found them on the Internet and then it all made complete sense. I knew them I just couldn't remember them. They are great folks who are doing a great work for God in Africa. Now I can pray for them and maybe keep in touch with them and next time they call I will not have to fake it.

No comments: