venice church

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Ten Things I Think

1. I think that it is unbelievable what happened at Virginia Tech. Pray for the families of the victims and the Virginia Tech family.

2. I think that it is ridiculous to second guess the response of the Blacksburg and Virginia Tech Police the day after the massacre. Should they evaluate the process at some point? Absolutely. Is it our media’s job to hold them accountable? Maybe, but the day after, I think not.

3. I think that I can be very proud of myself. After literally decades of biting my fingernails…I have broken that ugly habit. I am amazed how fast my fingernails grow now that I am clipping them!!

4. I think that we have more windy days now than I ever remember. Sometimes I think I have been transported back to Chicago.

5. I think that our Men’s Ministry is blossoming into a wonderful blessing and benefit for the men of our church. The backbone of a strong church is a core of strong men who love God and live for His purposes.

6. I think that it was awesome to hear Zach Johnson, a journeyman on the PGA Tour, give thanks to God after winning the Masters Golf Tournament on Easter Sunday. When asked how he was able to make his way around the treacherous August National Golf Club and out ahead of Tiger Woods, Zach replied, “I just knew that Jesus was with me every step of the way.”

7. I think that Jack Wilson http://pittsburgh.pirates.mlb.com/team/player.jsp?player_id=333292 has gone way beyond the call of duty. For him to, not only be willing to speak to our men, but to host us at his home is amazing. Even you Dodger fans will be rooting for Jack on Saturday night! ;>)

8. I think that I hate it when I feel the need to make a “smiley” face on an email. I hate using emoticons as well, but sometimes you have to let the reader know that it was said in jest.

9. I think that the view that Amy and I had from the top of the Marriott in the Marina on Saturday evening is one of the best I have ever seen. We were not just hanging out up there. We were at a wedding.

10. I think that it is only 141 days until the National Football League 2007 Season begins. I think that you think that I am crazy because I know that. I think that you are right.

No comments: