venice church

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Ten Things I Think


1. I think that Amy is going to make it. She is doing better…little by little. Please continue to pray for her. Her headache is gone, but her fever tends to pop up in the afternoons.

2. I think that a great time was had by all at our Men’s Ministry Road Trip. Our speaker, Hatch, spoke on the topic of being “Beefy T-Men”. He encouraged us to be strong spiritual men. There were no catastrophes on the lake. We ate steak every night. It was truly a men’s trip. Thanks to Brad Jensen for planning and pulling off another great trip. Thanks to Daniel Nehrig for running our kitchen.


3. I think that if the Dallas Cowboys continue to play games this season like they played on Sunday night that I will not make it through the season. I will be like Fred Sanford. I will be having the big one (the big heart attack). “I’m coming to see you Elizabeth!”

4. I think that the series that we will begin on Sunday September 23rd (Power, Money, & Sex) will provide a great opportunity for you to invite somebody to church. Everybody is interested in those three topics.

5. I think that if you are not in a small group you should get in a small group. This is a great time to join.

6. I think that we will learn a lot from our 40 Days of Purpose Campaign. It begins on Sunday October 14th. We will observe communion that day. We will end the campaign on Sunday November 18th with baptism in the Worship Center.

7. I think that seeing a football player lie motionless on the ground is one of the scariest things that I have ever seen. Every football player knows that it can happen and that they may not get up, but yet, they still muster up the courage and/or stupidity to run into each other anyway. It looks like Kevin Everett of the Buffalo Bills will walk again, but we should pray for him and his family.

8. I think that in a matter of months our Youth Ministry will be healthier than it has been in years. They had 18 in attendance on Sunday night.

9. I think that there is a lot of excitement surrounding the pennant races and Major League Baseball, however I don’t know who it is that is excited.

10. I think my plan to work on my tan on the ski trip went very well. I rode in the boat a lot. I am an excellent flag man.

No comments: