venice church

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Ten Things I Think

1. I think that it was a wonderful weekend here at Venice. In our three services the total attendance was 302. There were visitors here who had never heard the gospel. Please pray that their lives will be changed by the power of God and His Word.

2. I think that it is fantastic that our teenagers are going to be serving the hurting this Saturday. Adam’s team does a great job each month and it is exciting to see Daniel and Kristen encouraging the kids to join in.

3. I think that the Major League Baseball season started this week and nobody noticed…except maybe those who play fantasy baseball.

4. I think that this message series, Running on Empty, is extremely pertinent to people who live in west L.A. It is a great time to invite a friend to a service.

5. I think that we are having a great time in our small group study. We are studying 3:16. Max Lucado is leading us in a study of John 3:16. He makes this statement at the beginning of the study. “If you know nothing of the Bible start here. If you know everything about the Bible return here.” I am not a newbie and I certainly do not know everything about the Bible, but it has been good for me to return there!

6. I think that the “summer tease” that we had last week was great, but it makes me wish that we could skip June gloom.

7. I think that UCLA will fall just short of winning a national championship in basketball. They will probably make it to the final four and another final four appearance will be good but it is all about winning championships in Westwood. I hope that I am wrong about this prognostication.

8. I think that “Next Step” has been a success so far, but for it to really take hold we must follow-up and follow through to see our steps come to fruition.

9. I think that this is the best overall talent that there has ever been on American Idol. A good singer is going to go home every week. By the way, you might want to set your TIVO for next Tuesday night’s episode. Thanks to Sandra Pettway, Amy and I will be in the audience. I can’t wait!!

10. I think that I hate election years. It is only March and I am just sick of hearing about it. Don’t get me wrong. I love our country. I pray for our country. I think that we have the best process, but it just gets old hearing about it everyday. It is a bit disconcerting to see how polarized we are in America.

1.

No comments: