venice church

Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Mother's Day


Sunday is Mother’s Day. That is just a friendly reminder just in case you had forgotten. I know that it is pretty hard to forget when just about every other ad on TV or radio is pitching a gift that your mother must have. I think Mother’s Day is a good thing. It is especially good when my wife and mother of my two sons selects a restaurant that I like. I am so blessed that my wife loves to eat steak! There will not be any foo foo brunch for us on Sunday. No, it will be steak and baked potato baby.

And I also realize that there are some who are skeptical and see Mother’s Day as just another “holiday” that was manufactured by Hallmark, FTD, and See’s Candies. That could be true, but here is how I see it. Every day should be mother’s day. Every day should be father’s day. We should honor our parents every day. As parents, we should honor our commitment to God to be godly mothers and godly fathers every day. So, make the most of Mother’s Day. Join us for our service. I will share with you Eight Things That Moms Need (that won’t cost you any money).

No comments: