venice church

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Think Of All That God Has Done


The news is not good. The economy is, apparently, in bad shape. People are losing equity in their homes and/or losing their homes. Jobs are becoming scarce.

Things don’t always go our way. Economies don’t just keep going up and to the right forever. The Dallas Cowboys are 2-0, but they are not going to go 19-0 especially if they play defense like they did on Monday night. I get that. Things don’t always go our way.

This is what I don’t get. I don’t get how we forget so easily what God has done for us. It is easy for us to get caught up in the “doom and gloom” talk. It is easy for us to look at the bottom line and think that things are just terrible.

While reading in the book of Amos this morning I read this:

Amos 2:9

(God says), “Yet think of all I did for my people.”

Amos is bringing a lot of doom and gloom. He is talking about how people have sinned against God and how they will be judged. And still he says, ”Think about all that God has done for us.” We must think about all that God has done for us. Too many times, as I talk with people here at Venice, they forget all that God has done for them. A problem, maybe even a crisis arises in their lives and they turn on God. They turn on the church. They blame God. They distance themselves from the church. Turning on God and turning away from the church is the worst thing that you can do.

Times may be tough. They may get tougher.

Think of all that God has done for you. Think of all that God has done for us. I am not talking about being positive for the sake of being positive. I am talking about really focusing on all that God has done for us and then praising Him and trusting Him and going on with Him for His glory. We can start with the fact that by His grace He has forgiven us when we were unforgivable. What a great God! He has done so much for us and if He never did anything else for us He has done enough.

Today I want to focus on all that God has done for me. I pray that you will too.

In His Love,

Craig

Upcoming Events:

September 21st – 23rd – Men’s Ministry Road Trip

October 4th – CLASS 101: Discovering Membership

October 19th – 40 Days of Community

October 31st – Trunk & Treat presented by Rockstars Childrens Ministry

No comments: