venice church

Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Perspective


I am big on perspective. I think that it pretty much means everything. As Christ followers, our ability to see things from God’s perspective is literally everything. I have noticed that if I will pay attention, God will put things in perspective and keep things in perspective for me. Sometimes that amounts to a gentle nudge or a big proverbial smack upside the head. It may be manifest in another Christ follower or comrade in ministry calling me out. It may hit home in the form of a gentle reminder that it is not about me.

Perspective even rocks my world in the gym. This week I resumed my workouts after a week off and I was not very motivated. I did alright during my lifting. I mean, I was doing an arm workout and its beach season. That is motivation. I wasn’t, however, very motivated to do my cardio work on the elliptical and I was rationalizing and making excuses about how to get out of doing my cardio work, but I drug myself up there and began to do the work, all the while grumbling on the inside when I was given a swift kick in the basketball shorts. An amputee complete with prosthetic from what appeared to be from the knee down jumps up on the elliptical next to me and goes to work. That will give you some perspective and in my case, the motivation that you need to get over yourself and stop feeling sorry for yourself. It did motivate me. I never cease to be amazed at what a sissy I can be. I didn’t meet the man. I didn’t talk to the man. I thank him for the perspective.

Hey, it is not too late to sign up for Red Rock. There are about 9 spaces left. It is going to be a blast. Some of you have no excuse for not going! You know who you are. Stop dragging your feet. Sign up! Get your deposit in. For more information contact Brad at bjensen623@verizon.net.



Upcoming Events:
July 25th – Church Picnic @ Kronenthal Park
August 29th – Country Hoe Down Dance
September 27-29 – Red Rock Trip

No comments: