venice church

Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Wanna Get Away?


One of the things that I love about the technology of today is that I can be mentored without ever leaving my desk. I have only met Rick Warren on one occasion, yet he mentors me monthly through his blog and daily through Twitter.

I learned this from Rick years ago and it is something that I try to employ in my life. I share these truths today because this is what Amy and I are doing next week. We leave Saturday for some rest and relaxation in Palm Springs. We will miss being at Venice, but sometimes you just have to get away and I know that you will enjoy hearing from others and not hearing from me for a change!
http://blog.pastors.com/blogs/pcom/the-jesus-model-of-ministry-relaxation/

I am praying for your week. You guys will have a great time on Sunday when Richie talks about Love Is Respectful. I will see you next week.


Upcoming Events:
August 7th – Richie Henson Speaking
August 13th – Prayer & Praise Workshop
August 31st – September 4th – Men’s Ministry Road Trip
September 4th – Guest Speaker – Pastor Bob Henson
September 9th & 10th – Women of Faith Conference

No comments: