venice church

Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Peace On Earth


Christmas is the time when we celebrate the coming of Christ. There are many reasons that Jesus came. He came to show us how to live. First and foremost He came to pay for our sins. We talked last Sunday about the fact that Jesus came to give us rest. This Sunday we are going to focus on another benefit of knowing Christ. Peace. Peace is one of the reasons that Jesus came.

In today’s Touching Base I would like to ask you to do something that we do not do often. I want you to pour over the following passage in preparation for Sunday’s message. I want the God of peace to be with you this Christmas. Read this passage. Meditate on this passage. Pray over this passage between now and Sunday.


Philippians 4:8-9

And now, dear brothers and sisters, let me say one more thing as I close this letter. Fix your thoughts on what is true and honorable and right. Think about things that are pure and lovely and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise. [9] Keep putting into practice all you learned from me and heard from me and saw me doing, and the God of peace will be with you.

When you come on Sunday we will pray together as we pursue the peace that only God can give.
Have a wonderful week. I look forward to seeing you on Sunday.

No comments: