venice church

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Remember

I keep a little journal, mostly to record my diet and exercise routine and how God works in my life. I have done this in the past, but had let it slide and I started again on May 24th. Yesterday I went back to look at some of the prayer requests that I had recorded and, I don’t know why, but I was amazed at how many of them God had given a definitive answer. There were some in particular that really caused me to pause and praise God. I had given thanks when the answer came down, but by reviewing my journal I was able to worship God again because He has continued to work in those situations. God is so good. He has his fingerprints all over my life.

Sometimes I don’t even realize how much can transpire in just one month. I am kind of a day to day and forward looking guy. Unless I take the time to look back, I forget a lot of what happened. I am focused on today and tomorrow and a month from now. I don’t want to live in the past, but I want to remember all that God has done for me. This is actually a biblical principle. Over and over in the Old Testament God tells the Children of Israel, “Don’t forget the mighty works that I have done on your behalf.” Over and over again they forgot. Over and over again I forget. My little notebook helps me remember.

Let me encourage you to remember what your life was like before Christ. Remember what God has done for you yesterday, last week, this year, and since you accepted Christ. You will remember, like me, that He is worthy of praise.

No comments: