venice church

Wednesday, October 01, 2008

God Owns It All


It is October 1st and that means a couple of things. The holidays are just around the corner and the general election is about 30 days away. Personally, I can’t wait for the campaigning to be over. Let me encourage you to pray and seek God and then vote. It is a wonderful, God-given privilege to live in America and participate in our process.

And…in spite of all the financial doom and gloom and the best efforts of our Congress and economic gurus I still find rest and comfort in Almighty God who never changes and never wavers. He owns it all. We are simply given management of it for a short time. God doesn’t need our stuff. We can call on him in difficult times.

Psalm 50:7-15

7 "O my people, listen as I speak.
Here are my charges against you, O Israel:
I am God, your God!
8 I have no complaint about your sacrifices
or the burnt offerings you constantly offer.
9 But I do not need the bulls from your barns
or the goats from your pens.
10 For all the animals of the forest are mine,
and I own the cattle on a thousand hills.
11 I know every bird on the mountains,
and all the animals of the field are mine.
12 If I were hungry, I would not tell you,
for all the world is mine and everything in it.
13 Do I eat the meat of bulls?
Do I drink the blood of goats?
14 Make thankfulness your sacrifice to God,
and keep the vows you made to the Most High.
15 Then call on me when you are in trouble,
and I will rescue you, and you will give me glory."

And now…here’s Amy.

Hey Guys,

We really need to get cranking on Trunk or Treat. We have eight confirmed cars for the event. We still need 12 more. If you are willing to decorate your trunk and help pass out candy please respond to this email. There will be a grand prize for the best decorated trunk. We need everybody to help by donating candy. If you could just pick up a bag of candy every time that you go in the grocery store and then bring them and drop them off in the coffee bar it will be a big help. Please help us make our first go of Trunk or Treat a big success in our community. Invitations will be available in the next week or so. Thanks for all of your help.


Upcoming Events:

October 4th – CLASS 101: Discovering Membership

October 12th – Men’s Ministry Meeting (Sunday following the service)

October 19th – 40 Days of Community

October 25th – Ladies Community Service

October 31st – Trunk & Treat presented by Rockstars Childrens Ministry

November 8th – Men’s Ministry Meeting (Saturday Morning)

November 15th – CLASS 201: Discovering Maturity

No comments: