venice church

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Goodbye Friend


In 1 Timothy 6:17 the Apostle Paul tells us that “God gives us what we need for our enjoyment.” In Genesis chapter 1 when God creates man He states that we will be masters of and have dominion over all the other animals.

Amy and I are firm believers that God has given us dogs for our enjoyment. I know that some of you would argue that cats are given for enjoyment as well, but I would tend to disagree with you. Cats don’t do anything for me. Now dogs, I like dogs. It has been our pleasure to have a wonderful Golden Retriever named Novacek as our family pet for the last 12 years. The boys grew up with him. He was Amy’s 34th birthday present. Amy would say that he was the “best birthday present ever!”

Sadly, on Monday we had to put him down. He had numerous ailments that were mounting up on him and it was time. It was time, but that did not make it any easier. We really miss him. When we stopped to think about it we realized that there were only a few months that we lived in this house without him. Every time that I walk into the house or into the yard I expect to see him. I catch myself turning to speak to him and he is not there.

I know that on some levels it seems kind of trivial, but we loved that dog. He was a part of our family. Pray for us. It hurts. Pray for Amy. Apparently, apart from me he was Amy’s best friend. Almost every day of his 12 years they walked together in the morning. Novacek doing what dogs do and Amy praying. Amy lost a friend and a prayer partner.

So, we say goodbye to our friend Novacek. God was good to us. He was our gift given by God for our enjoyment. We really enjoyed our time with him.

Upcoming Events:

November 14th – EPIC Youth Ministry All Nighter

November 15th – CLASS 201: Discovering Maturity

December 6th – Women’s Ministry Mad Hatter Tea Party

December 14th – Guest Speaker: Rev. Bob Henson

December 24th – Christmas Eve Service

No comments: