venice church

Monday, November 23, 2009

Thanksgiving


Please pray about the part that you will have in our Christmas Outreach Offering. We are going to reach approximately 40,000 residences in our neighborhood with Christmas invitations. I know that you want to share in the blessing of touching lives with the gospel this Christmas. The offering will be received the first three Sundays of December. Just put your offering in an envelope and mark it “Christmas Offering”.

This is one of my favorite weeks of the year. It doesn’t get much better than Thanksgiving. In honor of Thanksgiving I offer up…

My Top Ten Thanksgiving Things…
10. Cranberry Sauce.
9. Family.
8. Turkey.
7. Rook (It’s a card game…just so you know.).
6. Sweet Potatoes or Candied Yams (I don’t know the difference).
5. Dressing
4. Cool Whip
3. Golf Outing the day before Thanksgiving.
2. Pumpkin Pie.
1. Football…when the Cowboys win.
(Easy…just a little holiday humor there.)

I hope that each and every one of you has a very Happy Thanksgiving. I look forward to seeing you on Sunday.



Upcoming Events:
December 6th – 20th Christmas Outreach Offering
December 13th – Men’s Ministry
December 24th – Christmas Eve Service
January 31st – Annual Business Meeting

No comments: