venice church

Wednesday, March 16, 2011


As I was thinking about the people of Japan and praying for the people of Japan I could not help but think about how chaotic our world is right now. I am thankful to know the true and living God who is the Creator of all of this. I am thankful for His Word that assures me that He has this all figured out and He knows exactly what He is doing. It seems…and He is God and I am not so only He could say for sure…it seems that God allows something like this every so often to remind us that we are not in control and we do not have this all figured out.

I know this. There is nothing more important than getting the truth of who Jesus is in the hands and hearts of people who are far from God. There is nothing more important than helping people find Jesus so that their sins are forgiven and their eternity in heaven is secure and their life here on earth is fulfilling and they live with the peace that only comes from knowing Jesus as their Savior.

Amidst all of the bad news there is Good News. Jesus came to save sinners. The thing about good news is it is only good news if it is shared. Share the good news today. Pray for the people of Japan and share the good news today.

Jesus came and told his disciples, “I have been given all authority in heaven and on earth. 19) Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. 20) Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Matthew 28:18-20.


Upcoming Events:
April 22nd – Good Friday Service
April 24th - Easter
July 16thth – Women’s Ministry Parking Lot Sale

No comments: