venice church

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Sin Crouches At Our Door

So many times we can get to a point where we think that following Christ will go on auto-pilot. The truth is that sin will keep knocking on our door. We will always wrestle with our sinful nature. Sometimes we will be tempted to give in and decide, “Well, I just can’t help it. This is the way that I am.”

Henry Blackaby, in his book Experiencing the Cross, points out that if we function with that attitude we are canceling the practical effect of God’s promises. To avoid this trap we must learn to recognize all that God has done for us and take full advantage of it. We must accept His complete provision.

The Apostle Paul said it this way…
Philippians 3:13-14 (NLT)
No, dear brothers and sisters, I am still not all I should be, but I am focusing all my energies on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, [14] I strain to reach the end of the race and receive the prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us up to heaven.


Perhaps, as you pray today, you can incorporate this in your prayer.
“Father, I know Your promises. I know that You have made all that I need for living a godly life available to me. Help me to hang on Your promises and implement these blessings.”

No comments: