venice church

Monday, July 02, 2007

July 4th


This is about as a big as a week can get for us. Amy and I thank you for all of your prayers, support, and hard work that you have put in for Richie and Becky’s wedding. We are looking forward to the big day.


Before we get to the big wedding we have a big holiday on Wednesday. I always loved the 4th of July. I loved it for so many things like picnics, parties, watermelon, homemade ice cream, and of course fireworks. I don’t know if I have ever told you that my brother’s birthday is July 4th. When we were kids my brother thought the parades and fireworks were for his birthday. My parents let him believe it for a quite a few years.


Yea, so, on Wednesday my brother will be 46 years old and the good old U.S. of A. will be 231 years old. Our nation’s “birthday” is significant. We are a blessed nation. We are more blessed than most Americans realize. It is the simple freedoms that may escape us. The freedom to worship, to speak the truth, and the freedom to be safe in our own homes may be taken for granted. We live in the greatest country ever. It may not be as great as it once was, but it is still the best ever. Let’s pause and give thanks to God on Wednesday. Freedom is always based on God’s grace. He has been very good to us.

No comments: