venice church

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Ten Things I Think


1. I think that it is very sad that the likes of Adam “Pacman” Jones and Lindsay Lohan do not have anybody in their life that loves them enough to help them stay out of trouble. Could we get an intervention or something?

2. I think that this humidity is a bit weird. I don’t think that we could deal over the long haul and 60% humidity is nothing compared to other places.


3. I think that this year’s men’s ski trip will be the best ever even though it begins on Sunday September 9th which is the first Sunday of the NFL season and the Cowboys play that night and I will miss the game because I will be driving to sleep on the ground by a lake. (I know…stop whining!) Seriously, the trip gets better every year and I would not miss it for the world!! Guys, you really should go with us.

4. I think that my friend Robert Hatch, who will be speaking to us on the trip, will really enjoy being with us. He lives with three women (his wife and two daughters) and he needs to be around some testosterone. He will enjoy getting to know you guys and I know that you will enjoy the “Hatch” Man.

5. I think that the New England Patriots will win Superbowl 42.

6. I think that the allegations brought against Michael Vick are some of the most hideous I have ever heard, but…isn’t it weird that we seem to be more creeped out by animal abuse than we are by human abuse.

7. I think that Richie and Becky Henson are going to enjoy their time in Springfield, Missouri. We thank you for your prayers on their behalf. By the way, they have made it to Springfield safely. Springfield is a big enough town to have everything that you want and need, but, in many ways, it will feel like a small town after LOS ANGELES.

8. I think that cleaning out closets is one of the most tedious yet rewarding chores in life. There is nothing like having your dress shirts and t-shirts hung up and organized by color. I know. I am a sick puppy. For further verification see #3 again.

9. I think that God’s faithfulness is amazing. Venice Church will celebrate its 80th birthday on August 19th. It is a wonderful testimony to the faithful servants who pioneered this church and came before us. You should be proud to carry on this biblical heritage here on the Venice/Mar Vista border.

10. I think that our church is on the cusp of something big. I have been praying that we would be used by God in a powerful way. I am praying for unity and strength as God calls us to be salt and light in this neighborhood. I am excited about what God will do in and through Venice Church during the rest of 2007 and into 2008. Please pray with me to that end.

No comments: