venice church

Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Ten Things I Think


1. I think that of all of the Hallmark holidays, Mother’s Day may be the most worthy.
2. I think that my mom is going to have a big old mansion in heaven for putting up with my father, brother, and me.
3. I think that we think that our moms are brilliant from birth to age 12 and then we think that they get incredibly ignorant until we are about age 25 and then suddenly they are brilliant again.
4. I think that my mom is great, but not as great as my kid’s mom.
5. I think the saying, “A face only a mother could love,” is true and there are many other features and factors that you could put in place of “face”.
6. I think that Father’s Day takes a backseat to Mother’s Day and it should.
7. I think that men over 40 should not wear sports jerseys…except on Father’s Day at Venice Church.
8. I think that this Men’s Ministry season was a huge success. Thanks to Brad and his entire team for a great year.
9. I think that our Easter outreach program was a huge success. With the exception of this last Sunday our attendance has jumped about 15 each week. It is great to see first time visitors every week.
10. I think…okay I know… that the NFL season is only 128 days away. Football, you bet!!

No comments: